Monday, June 23, 2008

I WILL PRAISE YOU THROUGH THIS STORM

Praise You in This Storm
I was sure by now,God, that You would have reached down and wiped our tears away, stepped in and saved the day. But once again, I say amen and it's still raining as the thunder rolls I barely hear You whisper through the rain, "I'm with you"and as Your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God who gives and takes away.

I remember when I stumbled in the wind You heard my cry to You and raised me up again my strength is almost gone how can I carry on if I can't find You and as the thunder rolls I barely hear You whisper through the rain "I'm with you"and as Your mercy falls I raise my hands and praise the God who gives and takes away

I lift my eyes onto the hills where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth I lift my eyes onto the hills where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of heaven and earth

And I'll praise you in this storm and I will lift my hands for You are who You are no matter where I am and every tear I've cried You hold in your hand You never left my side and though my heart is torn I will praise You in this storm.


It's a new day and a new picture. I thank all of you for the prayers that I am receiving! I know that God is listening and he is faithful. My mom mentioned this song to me last night as I drove away from Tom and Steph's house. It is my life right now. Between my dad's sickness and the other big purple elephant that I have been dealing with I have just been wollowing (probably a horrible spelling but just sound it out) in all of my issues. But God, I will praise you in this storm. I don't know why I am going thru this right now but you do! You are the maker of Heaven and Earth. I WILL PRAISE YOU IN THIS STORM!!! So today, I pledge to smile more, to get on with my life, to actually return to the gym, to give Taylor and Clay their beds back, and most importantly to PRAISE him even when my world doesn't make sense.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Good Girl! You can do this and we are all here to support you! Love ya sis!!

Sherry Jo said...

I am proud of you! You are faithful to God and He will be faithful to you. He is and will continue to help you through this.

I love you, Chicklet!