Thursday, July 24, 2008

My Vacation




Well I did finally get some much needed time off from work. I got to sleep in late and act like I was on summer vacation from school. But the highlight of my vacation was my trip to New York. I went to see Jason. He was his wonderful self and showed me a great time in NYC. I have said it a hundred times that I haven't ever been anywhere, and now that would be a lie.

I flew into Chicago O'Hare Airport which was scary and then to NY Lagordia Airport which was not as scary cause I knew a face when I got there! It was so much fun! We hit the ground running literally! They do not know how to walk up there! Jason took me to see all the sights and they were so tall! I was loving it! It was unreal to be in the land of the giant buildings. After my star struck self got it together, I finally started taking pictures and enjoying this old city that is forever changing. There is so much architecture there that it is hard to take it all in! I was able to see Lady Liberty, the Empire State Building, Time Square, Ground Zero, Grand Central Station, Park Avenue, The Waldorf Astoria, and many other things that I do not know the names of! One of my favorite memories was when he took me down to Little Italy. It was getting darker and they were turning the lights on. It was magnificent! And again I was starstruck! So when it was time to come home, I must admit, I was terribly sad! We had a great time getting to know each other even better, but it was back on the airplane. He dropped me off at the airport and my plane had been delayed! Big surprise huh! My plane was 1 1/2 hours late and then they had us on the tarmack for 2 hours. I was very tired, but couldn't sleep on there. Luckily, there were great people to my right and to my left! The lady to my left was soon to be starring as "Baby" in Dirty Dancing in an off Broadway Play which is set to start in September in Chicago. We laughed and talked about the movie. She stated that she thought I knew more about the movie than she did! We had a great time. On the last leg of my flight, I sat beside a newly retired soldier from Texas. He had just returned from his last bit in Iraq. We talked about the war and at the end of the conversation, I got to do something that I know most of us would like to do. I told him Thank You! He had a surprised look on his face. He told me not many people had ever said that to him! It's amazing the people that God puts you beside! Thanks to all who were praying for me during my vacation. I had a great time and was truly blessed! Jason if you're reading this! Thanks for a wonderful time in NYC!!! I owe ya!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

I am so glad you got a great break and had a wonderful time! You deserve it!! Glad you made it home safe!

Sherry Jo said...

Glad you had a great time away...but it sure is good to have my lil sis back home!