Tuesday, July 29, 2008

I am every man...or woman!

"Every Man"

I'm the man with all I've ever wanted All the toys and playing games. I am the one who pours your coffee, corner booth each Saturday. I am your daughter's favorite teacher,I am the leader of the band. I sit behind you in the bleachers. I am every man. I'm the coach of every winning team, and still a loser in my mind. I am the soldier in the Airborn facing giants one more time. I am the woman shamed and haunted by the cry of unborn life. I'm every broken man, nervous child, lonely wife.

Is there hope for every man? A solid place where we can stand.
In this dry and weary landIs there hope for every man. Is there love that never dies.
Is there peace in troubled times. Someone help me understand. Is there hope for every man.

Seems there's just so many roads to travel, it's hard to tell where they will lead. My life is scarred and my dreams unraveled. Now I'm scared to take the leap. If I could find someone to follow who knows my pain and feels the weight. The uncertainty of my tomorrow, the guilt and pain of yesterday.

There is hope for every man. A solid place where we can stand. In this dry and weary land.
There is hope for every man. There is Love that never dies. There is peace in troubled times. Will we help them understand? Jesus is hope for every man.

He is hope for the hopeless and strength for the weary.

Isaiah 40:28-31

28 The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Wow!!! God is the EVERLASTING GOD!!!! He is HOPE for every man. I think it is so funny when we reach our last straw...we are there all to often, and we are hopeless. Who do we truthfully turn to? Do we turn to God first? Do we turn to him after all of our other venues have let us down? I love that he will not grow tired or weary, and that he has understanding that no one can fathom. I want to turn to God I want for him to be my hope. When I'm down he lifts me up and he renews my strength. Many of life's journeys take us down paths that we never thought we would be on. We find ourselves scraping the barrel to get through or telling ourselves that we will change what is hendering our lives tomorrow. When we do that we are not trusting God, we are putting him to the side which is what most often gets us in the situations we are in. Thank you God for being my hope and loving me when I am unlovable. You are strength beyond all measure!



Love you guys!

No comments: