Thursday, July 3, 2008

JOY

As I sat in church last night, I felt as though my toes were totally being stepped on! And I questioned myself "DO I HAVE JOY?". Here I am listening to the words that are haunting me by night. So I decide I have to continue to make a change. Bro. Greg stated "The secret of JOY is perspective". Where has my perspective been. Well for those of you who have been reading, I have been having a moment for almost a month now...and yes moments do last that long.

  • Joy comes from understanding the truth. "I know the truth!!! God is faithful and just"
  • Joy comes from having peace from God. "Well I know I am a child of the most high king, but am I listening to him? Do I realize that I don't have to carry my burdens by myself? Come unto me, all who are weary, and I will give you rest"
  • Joy comes from being accepted. "I know that I am loved"
  • Joy comes from seeing the big picture. "My God has a plan, and I asked him to use me; therefore, I must be able to accept the changes he has to make in order for me to be the person he wants me to be".
  • Joy comes from having hope. "Rom 8:25 But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it."

I am running in a race, that I know I will eventually win! God is in control! Thank you to those of you who continue to pray for me. You will never fully know how much of a blessing you all are to me!

"Sometimes the devil sends his best before God sends his best"

1 comment:

Sherry Jo said...

I am proud of you. You are doing well and God has wonderful plans for you.

Love ya, Chicklet!