Sunday, November 18, 2007

What God Teaches Me!

In this world there are ups and downs, lefts and rights, and the ever so unfortunate circles that never let you see an end! I have been going in a circle for a while now...
So when I thought about what that circle was doing to my life, I was very angry...angry enough that I am just now capable of writing about it! I, someone who usually relies on God for everything had taken hold of the wheel. No matter how many times he told me I was going in the wrong direction, I ignored him and kept going my way! As you can imagine, the same scenery got old and the same feeling of being lost did the same! It wasn't until I reached that boiling point and said I can't do it on my own that I felt God tell me "I never meant for you to"! What a revelation...the one who is forever in my favor doesn't mind helping me get through a hard time in my life! Now time has gone by, and I admit that there are days when I feel my hand grip the wheel, but then I remember that I gave my situation to God and he has full control! He knows where I am going and where I have been! Isn't it amazing...No matter what metaphor I use, I can give God the glory for helping me through all that I go through! And though the sitation was so big to me, it was so little for him! I serve a great big GOD!!!!
I know this is a strange way of doing it, but this is a little testimony of my life over the last couple of months! God has really helped me be an overcomer! And I used the analogy simply because if it helped me, maybe it can help someone else!
Life is hard, but God is good!

No comments: